- Diplom Ingenieur, Technical University Darmstadt, 1981 (‘Diplom Ingenieur’ is a german degree, equivalent to ‘Master of Engineering’)
- Research and development of professional digital audio systems: Senior-level know-how in most areas of recording, processing and distribution of digital audio signals
- Design work includes invention, prototyping and development of products featuring high resolution A/D-conversion, audio-networks, fiber-optical transmission, digital audio interfaces, TDM-busses, routers, multi-processor DSP systems, HD-based recording and editing
- Expert level design skills: System architecture, as well as board- and chip-level design methodology. Special focus on FPGAs, VHDL and assembler programming. More than 25 years of experience in FPGA-, DSP- and embedded controller technology.
- Pro-audio expertise: Consultant and freelance audio engineer, working in the professional audio business since 1975. In-depth knowledge of all procedures and aspects regarding professional music production, including live-recording, tracking, dubbing, editing, mixing and mastering.
- Active member of the AES and the IEEE
- Current research focus: Audio over IP networks, precision time protocol, DLL based frequency synthesizers, multiple processors embedded in FPGAs
- US5600317: ‘Apparatus for the conversion of analog audio signals to …’
- ES2176281: ‘Audio signal A/D converter’
- US5517672: ‘Multichannel device having storage modules in a loop configuration …’
- EP0471814: ‘Multichannel device for digital recording and reproduction …’